Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Dark Knight

Fantastic, if I had to use one word to describe this movie that would it. This movie was absolutely fan-fuckin-tastic, its very hard to describe in coherent sentences about how I feel about this movie. Heath Ledger was absolutely amazing as the Joker and easily out-classed the Nicholson Joker of old. This movie made Batman Begins look this a piece of shit, well in my opinion it wasnt that good in the first place but, anyways, Christian Bale as Batman sort of irks me because of the thing he does with his lips when he talks, makes me not want to look at him. The movie jumps right in without any consideration for whether or not you know anything about Batman, which is good so we dont have to deal with any backstory. The Scarecrow shows up at the beginning of the movie for no apparent reason, I found that really bothersome as they just threw him in there and then didnt do anything else with him the rest of the movie. This incarnation of Joker was a complete psychopath with zero regard for life or anyones safety at all. They do not give him a backstory which is awesome because it surprisingly adds depth to the character, as well as making him more mysterious. Nicholson's Joker looks like a complete pussy compared to Heath's. I dont want to say too much about the plot so as not to spoil anything, but if you anything about the comics then you know that Harvey Dent is an important character. I cant really say enought about how awesome this movie was. The action was amazing and the new bat-gadgets were sweet, I want the sticky bomb timer thing! The Bat-sonar made me really disoriented, which after sitting for over 2 hours made me really uncomfortable. I find it very stupid that Batman is able to fall from absurd hights without any bodily damage. There was at least 3 occasions that he fell from at least 3 stories with no damage. There will be a third movie as a bunch of people are under contract for a trilogy. The big issue is whether or not the Joker will make a re-apperance as Heath is dead. The Riddler will most likely be the villian in the next one, there is a hint towards it as one of the characters names is Mister Reese, "mysteries", so there is a good chance that he will be the Riddler in the next one. My one issue is if Heath Ledger wins a posthumous Oscar, will it be because his preformance deserved it or is because he's dead? So we'll see where that goes. Also I felt there was alor of people in the theater who would otherwise have not gone to this movie only did because Heath Ledger is dead. Oh well such is life.
Overall score 11/10, yes it was that awesome.
-I have to...................... "Why so serious?"

No comments: